There are times in life when all you want to do is lean against the window and watch the rain fall. To feel the crash of thunder in your chest, to lose yourself in the rhythm of the raindrops on the roof, to watch the rivulets trace their way down the windows, lingering for a brief moment as if exchanging a curious glance, before racing away to join their brethren in the Earth below.

This blog gives you my soundtrack for those moments. Clicking on the •song title• will open up a music file or video in a separate window.

Falling Slowly

My friend Ora, who helped inspire the name (and very creation) of this blog, introduced me to a fair number of the songs on this list. She has great taste in music, and although I had known some of the songs already, some were hidden gems from artists I knew well. But she also keeps me abreast of things that the layman should, but might not, be aware of, like •Falling Slowly• by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova. From the soundtrack of the movie Once, and apparently, it won an oscar for best original song.


I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

No comments:

Post a Comment