There are times in life when all you want to do is lean against the window and watch the rain fall. To feel the crash of thunder in your chest, to lose yourself in the rhythm of the raindrops on the roof, to watch the rivulets trace their way down the windows, lingering for a brief moment as if exchanging a curious glance, before racing away to join their brethren in the Earth below.

This blog gives you my soundtrack for those moments. Clicking on the •song title• will open up a music file or video in a separate window.

Colorblind


There are numerous people who post on the internet trying to explain what songs mean. I am not one of them. I often have no clue what a song means. I do get very strong images in my head, however, when I hear a particularly powerful song.

Today's song is •Colorblind• by Counting Crows.

To me, the song evokes a powerful sense of loss and contemplation. I envision a man sitting on the edge of a bed, head hung low. Maybe the end of a relationship, maybe the end of a life. Either way, it's raining out, and the windows are beckoning.

I am color blind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am
taffy stuck, tongue tied
Stuttered shook and uptight
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am fine
I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded, and unfolded, and unfolding
I am
color blind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready
I am fine
I am fine
I am fine

No comments:

Post a Comment