There are times in life when all you want to do is lean against the window and watch the rain fall. To feel the crash of thunder in your chest, to lose yourself in the rhythm of the raindrops on the roof, to watch the rivulets trace their way down the windows, lingering for a brief moment as if exchanging a curious glance, before racing away to join their brethren in the Earth below.

This blog gives you my soundtrack for those moments. Clicking on the •song title• will open up a music file or video in a separate window.

I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You

The name of this blog is inspired by a discussion that a friend of mine and I had. Neither of us were feeling particularly lucky in love, and we described our general depression as leaning against the window in the pouring rain watching life move by too fast. Music can often help stir up emotions that have been repressed, allowing them to be vented and released. I know the value of a good cry in therapeutic terms. Music is a powerful aid in that therapy.

Today's song is •I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You• by Colin Hay (a song that I discovered as a result of our conversation).

I drink good coffee every morning
Comes from a place that's far away
And when I'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say
I don't want you thinking I'm unhappy
What is closer to the truth
That if I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
I'm no longer moved to drink strong whisky
'Cause I shook the hand of time and I knew
That if I lived till I could no longer climb my stairs
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
Your face it dances and it haunts me
Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years
But I don't want you thinking I don't get asked to dinner
'Cause I'm here to say that I sometimes do
Even though I may soon feel the touch of love
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
If I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

No comments:

Post a Comment